James Alex Fields, Jr. has been sentenced to life in prison. The White Supremacist who plowed into a group of counter-protesters, killing Heather Heyer, during the Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville two years ago was sentenced today.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
In March, Fields plead guilty to federal hate crime charges to avoid the death penalty.
Fields, lawyers filed a memo in court last week asking the judge for leniency in sentencing. Seeking justification in the fact that Fields had a traumatic childhood and a history of mental illness.
According to NBC News, along with the federal charges, Fields is also convicted of state charges, including five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, one hit and run count and first-degree murder. He is to be sentenced for those charges on July 15.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Virtual Barber Shop Talk
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Billy Porter’s New Collection With Jimmy Choo Goes Up To A Size 12!
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s: Episode 26 – “Separating the Man from the Music”
- Officers Receive Death Threats After Testifying To Congress About Jan. 6 Insurrection
- Kelly Clarkson Ordered To Pay Ex-Husband $200k Monthly For Support