R. Kelly has flown the coop — for now, that is. Kelly was released on bail today. A sea of media waited for the “I Believe I Can Fly” singer outside Cook County Jail. Kelly did not release an official statement but quickly made his way to a large black van.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to TMZ, Kelly will have to settle his outstanding child support debt to avoid being locked up again. The news outlet reports that the embattled star currently owes his ex-wife, Drea Kelly, around $160k in back child support.
Previously, rumors circled that Kelly did not have enough money to post bail, but that he would be able to produce the money eventually.
Reports circulated that fans were also reaching out to the county clerks office to figure out how they could help the singer post bail.
Sources revealed to TMZ that the star’s $100k bond was paid with a banker’s check to ensure that there wouldn’t be any issues with the check clearing.
On Friday (Feb. 22), R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of criminal sexual abuse.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @kissrichmond
Timeline Of R. Kelly’s Sexual Assault Accusations
1. 1994: R. Kelly Marries AaliyahSource:false 1 of 10
2. 1996: Tiffany Hawkins Eues R. Kelly For Alleged Sexual MisconductSource:false 2 of 10
3. 2000: Chicago Police Open An InvestigationSource:false 3 of 10
4. 2002: Patrice Jones Sues R. Kelly After He Allegedly Got Her PregnantSource:false 4 of 10
5. 2003: Florida Police Charge R. Kelly With Child PornographySource:false 5 of 10
6. 2003: The Girl In The 2002 Sex Tape Was 14Source:false 6 of 10
7. 2008: R. Kelly Wins His Illinois TrialSource:false 7 of 10
8. 2017: Mississippi Sheriff Sues R. KellySource:false 8 of 10
9. 2017: R. Kelly Accused Of Holding Women Hostage In His HomeSource:false 9 of 10
10. 2018: Unnamed Woman Accuses R. Kelly Of Giving Her An STISource:false 10 of 10
- Spider Scoop Podcast #13: Connor Crabtree
- Hot Spot: Remembering Naya Rivera & Al B. Sure! Suggests Kim Porter Was Murdered [WATCH]
- Coronavirus Updates: Dr. Collier Shares How To Boost Your Immune System [VIDEO]
- Your Mask May Be Giving You Maskne. Here’s How To Prevent Acne From Your Mask