The WWE has announced that legendary sports announcer Gene Okerlund, affectionately known as “Mean Gene,” passed away today (Jan 2). He was 76.
Throughout his career, Okerlund brought the world some of wrestling’s most memorable moments.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Many from the world of wrestling took to social media to pay homage to Mean Gene, including:
The Iron Sheik
The source of death has not been revealed yet. For more information.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal of VA (HOME) Town Hall
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Nick Cannon Announces The Death Of His 7th Child Zen
- Jussie Smollett Takes The Stand In His Defense
- Lizzo Gave Winter Florals In A Purple Richard Quinn Jumpsuit At The Amex Brunch with Chef Kwame Onwuachi
- Gary’s Tea: Khloe Kardashian To Be Step Mama + Stevie J Asks Faith Evans For Spousal Support