In RVA, all eyes are on the Navy Hill Development Project, a proposal introduced by the NHDC (NH District Corp) and Mayor Levar Stoney to revive a 10-block radius of downtown Richmond. The documents include plans to redevelop the area ultimately creating new jobs, affordable housing, additional revenue and other opportunities, like the construction of a state-of-the-art arena.
On Monday Richmond City Council members asked Mayor Stoney to withdraw the Navy Hill proposal and to essentially restart the process by having interested parties submit new proposals on what to do with the city-owned land in downtown Richmond.
Mayor Levar Stoney took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- 18th Annual Community Clovia & Radio One Toy Drive
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal of VA (HOME) Town Hall
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Teyana Taylor, Her Abs & Family Are The New Faces Of Skims ‘Cozy’ Collection
- Mary J. Blige Drops Two New Singles & Announces New Album ‘Good Morning Gorgeous’ [WATCH]
- Jayda Cheaves Collaborates With PrettyLittleThing On A Sensual Collection That Takes Us Back To The 2000s
- Rihanna Denies That She’s Pregnant For The 100th Time In A Fan’s DM