ICE Deportation Raids Expected This Weekend!
Communities are coming together to support immigrants living in Baltimore. City Leaders, immigrant advocacy groups and members of the faith community gathered in Baltimore, MD Friday evening to oppose this weekend’s expected ICE deportations.
City Council president Brandon Scott announced to the crowd that, Baltimore is a welcoming city that will not help ICE in any way. Last week the Police Department issued a policy stating it will not enforce administrative warrants for immigration violations. Mayor Jack Young issued a statement saying the attempts of the president and his administration to deprive immigrants of their rights and tear apart families and unacceptable.
Mayor Young says he will continue to welcome immigrants to Baltimore with open arms. Those that took part in the ‘immigrant rally’ also spoke out against conditions at the border detention facilities.
View the full story from Maryland Matters.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Steve Harvey Credits Wife, Marjorie, For Helping Him Ditch The Long Suits And Upgrading His Style
- Lori Harvey Slays In House of CB
- In Honor Of Breast Cancer Awareness Hear About The “Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls” Initiative
- Everything You Need To Know About The COVID-19 Booster Shots [WATCH]