Virginia Beach is moving forward with plans for a music festival during College Beach Weekend in April.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Music mogul Pharrell Williams originally introduced the idea in October of 2018. The vision is that the festival will be a multicultural event merging music, art, fashion, and food. It is to feature around 25 national acts.
According to The Virginian Pilot, Pharrell anticipates that the 3-day event will become a yearly gathering like more established music events around the country.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the past few years, Virginia Beach has been the premier location for college co-eds looking to unwind before exams. The weekend is known to draw more than 30,000 people. Unfortunately, without organized city-sanctioned events, the oceanfront destination has become a site for occasional violence.
City officials are hopeful that the festival will boost the resort area while discouraging violence and destruction.
The official lineup is said to be announced next week when tickets go on sale.
For the Latest Entertainment News:
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell’s co-sign early on.Source:false 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source:false 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source:false 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell’s clothing line.Source:false 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source:false 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source:false 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his “travel bag.”Source:false 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source:false 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source:false 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source:false 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source:false 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source:false 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin’ it hard.Source:false 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source:false 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell’s signature style included trucker hats.Source:false 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife’s on the red carpet.Source:false 16 of 16
- Go-Go Becomes Official Music Of D.C.
- First Black Member Of US Space Program Dies
- Adrien Broner Arrested At Wilder Vs. Fury Weigh-In
- 5 Voter Suppression Tactics To Watch For In 2020
Pharrell Williams Brings 3-Day Music Festival To Virginia Beach was originally published on ipowerrichmond.com