UPDATE: Gov. Ralph Northam issued a statement at the Executive Mansion today:
UPDATE: Gov. Ralph Northam will issue a statement at the Executive Mansion at 2:30 p.m. today (Feb 2). We will keep you posted!
It all began with the release of disturbing photographs from Governor Ralph Northam’s 1984 school yearbook. One image shows Gov. Northam in either black face or donning a KKK uniform. No details have been released identifying if the individual is Northam. While another image illustrated that the Governor’s nickname at the time was “Coon Man.”
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Despite the growing tension, Gov. Northam released a statement identifying his intentions to serve out the remainder of his term.
Several members of both the Democratic and the Republican party have requested that Northam relinquish his position as Governor of the Commonwealth, including Richmond Mayor Levar M. Stoney, who released this statement on Friday:
“Governor Northam has a long and distinguished history of service to our Commonwealth and nation, but he should do the honorable thing and step down.”
Protesters took to the streets of Richmond Saturday morning rallying for Northam’s resignation.
So far, there have been no additional statements from the Governor. For more information on this breaking story click here.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- In Honor Of Breast Cancer Awareness Hear About The “Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls” Initiative
- Everything You Need To Know About The COVID-19 Booster Shots [WATCH]
- Sensing Possible End To ‘Racist’ Filibuster, Civil Rights Leaders Are Cautiously Optimistic
- Chloe Bailey Spotted Courtside With Rapper Gunna In This Curve-Hugging Fit