A crowd of more than 7,500 supporters gathered at the Richmond Convention Center to see former President Barack Obama speak in support of Democratic Gubernatorial candidate, current Lt. Governor Dr. Ralph Northam.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Patrons from around Richmond and surrounding areas created lengthy lines around the popular venue that trailed down Richmond’s busy downtown area for blocks.
This was The 44th U.S. President’s first campaign rally since leaving office. In his speech, Obama expressed the importance of coming out to the polls, “We need you to take this seriously because our democracy is at stake, and it’s at stake right here in Virginia.” He did not directly mention current President Donald Trump but did note his concern over the current state of U.S. politics.
“Off-year elections, mid-term elections, Democrats, y’all get a little sleepy, you get a little complacent,” Obama said.
“It’s gonna be a fight,” Northam added. “It’s not going to be a cakewalk.”
Watch the full rally:
In a speech that focused on unification and equality, Obama endorsed Northam as the candidate that can rally the people.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- Virtual Barber Shop Talk
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Study Shows Virginia Drivers Rank Among Best In The U.S.
- Michaela Coel Gives Us A High Dose Of Fashion And Vulnerability in Variety’ Power Of A Woman Issue
- Hot Spot: Jaleel White Says The Cast Of ‘Family Matters’ Did Not Welcome Him On TV One’s Uncensored [WATCH]
- Pregnant Woman Gives Birth On A Flight To Honolulu Unknowingly