The Commonwealth of Virginia has stepped in the suing arena over the opioid crisis. Attorney General Mark Herring said yesterday that Virginia is suing the Sackler family that owns Purdue Pharma for making a fortune off drugs they knew were dangerous, deadly and addictive.
Meanwhile, the New York Times reports the family is expected to pay three-billion dollars in cash over seven years and take other steps without admitting to any wrongdoing as part of a tentative settlement on thousands of lawsuits.
Purdue Pharma is expected to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and then be dismantled.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- ‘Back To The Ballot Box’: Michelle Obama’s When We All Vote Launches National Voter Registration Week of Action
- What’s Trending? Is Drake The New Michael Jackson?! [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Guess Who’s Joining The New Cast of RHOA + More On AJ Johnson’s Death [WATCH]
- Ciara’s Clothing Line “Lita By Ciara” Is Now Sold At Nordstrom