President Trump was in historic Jamestown today to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the Birth of American Democracy.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The President addressed a crowd that included many Democratic and Republican members of the General Assembly. Many African American Virginia state legislators chose to boycott Trump’s appearance for his recent disparaging comments about minority members of Congress.
In his remarks, the President mentioned that 1619 was the year the first enslaved Africans arrived in the colonies, “We remember every sacred soul who suffered the horrors of slavery and the anguish of bondage.”
Great reception in Jamestown by both REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS. Respect for our Country’s incredible Heritage. Thank you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2019
See the full story at WRIC.com
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Teyana Taylor Launches Her First Collection With PLT As Their Creative Director
- DJ Spinderella Says She Was ‘Wrongfully Excluded’ From Participating In Lifetime’s Salt-N-Pepa Biopic
- Super Bowl LV: Brady Vs. Mahomes
- Trey Songz In Violent Altercation With Cop At Chiefs Game