President Trump was in historic Jamestown today to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the Birth of American Democracy.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The President addressed a crowd that included many Democratic and Republican members of the General Assembly. Many African American Virginia state legislators chose to boycott Trump’s appearance for his recent disparaging comments about minority members of Congress.
In his remarks, the President mentioned that 1619 was the year the first enslaved Africans arrived in the colonies, “We remember every sacred soul who suffered the horrors of slavery and the anguish of bondage.”
Great reception in Jamestown by both REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS. Respect for our Country’s incredible Heritage. Thank you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2019
See the full story at WRIC.com
- Community Conversations with Dr. Winn – VCU Massey Center (Dec 11, 2021)
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal of VA (HOME) Town Hall
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Biden’s Supreme Court Nomination ‘An Opportunity’ To Have A Black Justice Who Gets It On Civil Rights
- ‘Identity Politics’: Ben Carson Cries White Tears Over Joe Biden’s Vow To Nominate A Black Woman For Supreme Court
- Clueless About The Senate, Herschel Walker Says It’s ‘Unfair’ To Ask How He’d Vote On Bill That Already Passed
- Travis Scott’s Fans Petitions For Rapper To Perform At Coachella