Week Two of the college season saw the Virginia State University Trojans bounce back from their season-opening loss at Norfolk State. VSU defeated West Virginia State 17-14, a nice road win in a season in which the Trojans have only 3 home games. Meanwhile, CIAA rival Virginia Union gave up zero points in their first two games, but surrendered a whopping 67 points to Winston-Salem State in a 67-16 loss to the visiting Rams. Across town, the Spiders of UR played inspired football in their home opener beating Wagner 21-6, as Richmond remains undefeated under new coach Wayne Lineburg. UVA traveled to Indiana where the Cavaliers went 2-0 after a 34-31 victory over the Hoosiers, and 11th-tanked Virginia Tech picked up a road win at East Carolina defeating the Pirates 17-10. Hampton University remains unbeaten, they knocked-off Florida A & M 23-17 at home, while the Spartans of Norfolk State were blown out by18th-ranked West Virginia.
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo
- Roland Martin’s Call to Action: ‘So, How Do We Begin to Mobilize?’
- Highlights From Teen Forum 2013 (Photos)
- President Obama: What Dr. King Would Think Of Our Progress [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ms. Angela Bassett Special Keynote Speaker At Women's Empowerment 2013!