Richmond City Resident Alert! A scammer is calling up local residents with threats that they will go to jail.
Richmond police say someone has been impersonating a local detective in hopes of stealing money from unsuspecting senior citizens.
The suspect is requesting credit card information to pay for a warrant on file. One victim has already lost thousands of dollars in the scam.
Officers say Richmond police would NEVER use the phone to advise an individual of a warrant.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- 18th Annual Community Clovia & Radio One Toy Drive
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal of VA (HOME) Town Hall
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing: Session 2
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- We’re Still Swooning Over Meagan Good’s Blonde Bob And Black Dress From The ‘Harlem’ Premiere
- JT Rocks Blue Hair And Butterflies For Birthday Instagram Photoshoot
- Teyana Taylor, Her Abs & Family Are The New Faces Of Skims ‘Cozy’ Collection
- What’s Trending? Should Boys Play With Kitchen Or Cooking Sets As Children? [WATCH]