The Commonwealth of Virginia is giving a grant to Hopewell City Public Schools to help finalize its plans for year-round school. The school board approved a plan for a balanced calendar earlier this year, which affects all five schools. The city of Hopewell is the first school district in the state to move all of its schools into a year-round schedule.
On Monday, Governor Ralph Northam announced year-round school grant would be for one-and-a-half-million dollars. The calendar looks like nine weeks of instruction time rotating with three-week breaks, along with a six-week summer break.
What do you think? Feel free to comment below!
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Sign-Up For KISS FM′s VIP Club Email Newsletter!
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Invites Herschel Walker To Debate, Says GOP Rival Hasn’t Officially Accepted
- Hot Spot: Here’s What Happened At Omarion & Mario’s Verzuz + Eva Presents At The BET Awards [WATCH]
- SEE VIDEO: Was Omarion’s Watermelon Eating At Verzuz Sexy Or Cringe? [WATCH]
- Michelle Obama Shares Thoughts On The Overturning Of Roe v. Wade, Says She’s ‘Heartbroken’