Literary icon Toni Morrison has passed away at the age of 88.
According to the Associated Press, Morrison died Monday night at Montefiore Medical Center in New York after a short illness.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She was the first African American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1993. A visionary, Morrison is known for her prolific writing on African American life. Her novels include works like Beloved, The Bluest Eye, Sula, Song of Solomon, Tar Baby and Home.
In 2012, President Obama awarded Morrison with the highest civilian honor in the United States, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Morrison will be remembered as a literary pioneer, a courageous voice for African Americans and women.
Rest in power, Queen.
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘kissrichmond’
- Sign-Up For KISS FM′s VIP Club Email Newsletter!
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Gabrielle Union Gives Us Fall Preppy Vibes In Latest New York And Co. Fit
- Ciara Shows Off Her Killer Curves In Metallic Blue Jumpsuit
- KKK Photo: Florida Officials Challenge DeSantis As GOP Quietly Replaces Disgraced Commissioner
- Accused Capitol Riots Cheerleader Ginni Thomas Finally Answers ‘Some’ Jan. 6 Committee Questions