She will be known as THE girl from Hampton — a hip hop lyricist that helped put “the 7-5” on the map.
For now, we call her Taz.
A native of Hampton, VA, Taz is currently making rounds promoting her latest EP titled, Mentally Ill.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
After the suffering the loss of three friends to suicide, she funneled her pain into her work. Mentally Ill was born, a double entendre illuminating both her electrifying personality and her struggles with mental health.
More than a skilled MC, this rapper and mental health advocate uses her artistry to teach acceptance, ultimately removing the stigma around mental illness and emotional distress.
Chelsea Lemore recently sat down with Taz to talk about her latest project, her inspirations and more! See the full interview below:
Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘ipowerrichmond’
- Getting Real with Virginia Housing
- Sign-Up For KISS FM′s VIP Club Email Newsletter!
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Face Card In A Series Of Flawless Selfies
- Ciara And Russell Wilson Slay In All Black Looks For A Romantic Date Night
- Tracee Ellis Ross Shines In Bright Yellow Cong Tri Gown
- R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Federal Sex Trafficking & Abuse Case