As more and more members of the local community start to take care of themselves, our goal and mission continues to serving you all in the best way possible. This week, Miss Community Clovia’s “Community of Compassion” project turned it’s voice and influence to local hair salons where testings and free screenings took place in hopes of reminding everyone how important it is the maintain a healthy lifestyle day in and day out.
We caught up with Dr. Michael Kelly, a member of the Bon Secours Richmond Health System at Richmond Community Hospital who gave us quite a bit of insight on the health issues that our community alone faces plus what we can do to overcome it all with one simple step in the right direction.
Check out the complete conversation below and find out how you can begin taking better care of your heart and health starting today.
Heart Health with Dr. Yvette Johnson-Threat
Don’t forget to share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Alexx Dupri’s USELESS INFORMATION – February 29, 2012 – Happy Leap Day!
- Singer Mary J. Blige Discusses Whitney Houston, Drugs on “The View” [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Chef Paula Deen Is Ready to Lighten Her Cooking After Losing Weight
- “Dancing With the Stars” Season 14 Contestants Revealed
- Late Comedian Bernie Mac Honored with Street in Hometown Chicago