True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
was originally published on
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.
5. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”
6. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.
7. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”
8. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”