Chance the Rapper is everyone’s nephew/cousin/little brother.
The Chi-Town emcee has accomplished a lot of great things in 2016, and he’s ending the year with a bang. According to reports, Chano is set to speak at a post-inauguration rally hosted by the NAACP. The event is called the “People’s Inauguration” and is being billed as a gathering of young activists who will develop plans on how to respond to Donald Trump’s administration.
The NAACP released a statement saying that the rally will start a new era of activism and launch protests in response to “new civil rights threats expected under” a Trump presidency, with an initiative called #StayWokeAndFight. Stephen Green, director of the NAACP Youth & College Division, said in a statement, “We are faced with a moral and ethical crisis during this critical time in our nation’s history after the election of Donald J. Trump. This moment calls for young leaders to gather together and develop a strategy to protect the human and civil rights of all Americans through nonviolent resistance.”
From encouraging voter registration during his Magnificent Coloring World Tour to earning several NAACP Image Awards and Grammy nominations, it’s safe to say that 2016 was the year of Chance. He’s also set to perform on the season finale of Saturday Night Live this weekend.
The “People’s Inauguration” will take place in Washington, D.C. at Howard University on Jan. 21st, just a day after the President-elect officially takes office.
Chance The Rapper's Best Instagram Moments (PHOTOS)
1. Chance posing on street art.1 of 17
2. Chance the Rapper in his trippy T-Shirt.2 of 17
3. Chance cleaning up nicely.3 of 17
4. He respects the legends.4 of 17
5. Congrats Chance!5 of 17
6. Look at that cheesy smile.6 of 17
7. Chance taking a selfie.7 of 17
8. Happy Birthday Chance.8 of 17
9. Now that looks really relaxing.9 of 17
10. Chance The Rapper showing support in his Obama sweatshirt.10 of 17
11. Chance riding a bike.11 of 17
12. Just chillin' with the homies.12 of 17
13. Chance The Rapper Live.13 of 17
14. Bicken Back14 of 17
15. How about the time he went skydiving?15 of 17
16. Chance The Rapper takes selfie.16 of 17
17. This is way too cute.17 of 17
Chance The Rapper’s Newest Gig Will Have You Feeling So Proud was originally published on globalgrind.com