J.R. has had a rocky NBA career as a Denver Nugget, and especially as a New York Knick. But as the New Jersey native made his way to the Cleveland Cavaliers two seasons ago, everything seemed to click.
Under the tutelage of LeBron James, J.R. has not only matured but has become a phenomenal role player. So after the historic win Sunday night, J.R.’s post-game press conference was one of the most emotional we’ve ever seen. While the victory means a lot to LeBron and to his city, it also represents all of the hardships that J.R. has overcome in order to hoist that Larry O’Brien Trophy.
As J.R. sat behind the mic, he poured his heart out, saying how much he appreciates his family, and with it being Father’s Day, he gave a special shout-out to his own father, Earl Smith, Jr.
While J.R. has been the subject of many jokes over the past few years due to his partying ways and bad-boy image, it’s nice to see him come out on top.
Read a transcript of J.R.’s speech below or watch the touching video up top.
SOURCE: The Huffington Post | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty
Sex, Guns & Violence: The Biggest Scandals In NBA History
1. Kobe Bryant Cheating and Rape AllegationsSource: 1 of 13
2. Nick Young Gets Put on Blast by D’Angelo RussellSource: 2 of 13
3. Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes Fight Over a WomanSource: 3 of 13
4. Malice at the PalaceSource: 4 of 13
5. Magic Johnson’s HIV AnnouncementSource: 5 of 13
6. Allen Iverson TrespassingSource: 6 of 13
7. Gilbert Arenas Brings a Gun to PracticeSource: 7 of 13
8. Delonte West Sleeping with LeBron’s MomSource: 8 of 13
9. Jordan’s Gambling HabitSource: 9 of 13
10. Donald Sterling Is the Most Hated Man in AmericaSource: 10 of 13
11. Jason Kidd Allegedly Beat His WifeSource: 11 of 13
12. Latrell Sprewell Choking His CoachSource: 12 of 13
13. Tony Parker Sleeping With Teammate’s WifeSource: 13 of 13
Watch J.R. Smith’s Emotional Post-Game Press Conference was originally published on theurbandaily.com