The love Oklahoma Thunder superstar Kevin Durant has for his mother Wanda Durant is no secret. But who knew that her incredible story of raising two boys would turn into a Queen Latifah produced television event that is now The Real MVP: The Wanda Durant Story?
Wanda talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about her struggles of raising two boys at age 21 and how her story gained national attention.
On the struggles she faced raising two sons:
“There were many times I didn’t know how things were going to end up. There were times when I wanted to quit but I knew my sons were looking at me. They didn’t know anything about quitting.”
On the emotional tribute to his mom in 2014:
“Of course I knew my son would mention me, but I didn’t know it would be the magnitude that he did. It was his moment and I wasn’t expecting that. I was surprised that he remembered some of the things of our past and how it made such an impact on him.”
The Real MVP: The Wanda Durant Story premieres Saturday, May 7 on Lifetime at 8pm EST.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Famous Parents Whose Children Are Stars
1. Diddy's kids1 of 13
2. Lil Wayne: Reginae Carter2 of 13
3. Evelyz Lozada: Shaniece3 of 13
4. Bob Marley: Ziggy Marley4 of 13
5. Damon Wayans: Damon Wayans Jr.5 of 13
6. Eddie Murphy: Bria Murphy6 of 13
7. Quincy Jones: Rashida Jones7 of 13
8. Rev Run: Diggy Simmons8 of 13
9. Lionel Richie: Nicole Richie9 of 13
10. Diana Ross: Tracee Ellis Ross10 of 13
11. Stan Lathan: Sanaa Lathan11 of 13
12. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith: Jaden and Willow Smith12 of 13
13. Muhammad Ali: Laila Ali13 of 13
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
‘The Wanda Durant Story’ Airs On Lifetime Mother’s Day Weekend [VIDEO] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com