What is the state of a good public education in Richmond, Virginia? Well, I am a product of a great education in the Richmond Public School system. How are Richmond Public Schools working today?
Bring your questions, concerns and suggestions to the The State of Public Education in Richmond, Virginia Education Town Hall this Saturday.
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Broomfield Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
609 Jefferson Davis Highway
Richmond, VA 23224
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
There will be a conversation on the challenges, progress and the future of the Richmond Public School system, as its leadership continually strives to provide a quality education for all students.
Dr. Dana T. Bedden, Superintendent of Richmond Public Schools
Charlotte Hayer, President, Richmond Education Association
Richmond City School Board Members
Topics of Discussion to list a few:
- The Proliferation of Public Charter Schools vs. the Devaluation of Traditional Public Schools
- School Closures/Overcrowding and Modernizations
- Parental Engagement
- Teacher Evaluation Systems
- Standardized Tests
- Disciplinarian/Suspension Measures
- Efforts to Mentor Black and Hispanic Male students…and more