Jesse Williams is most known as his role Dr. Jackson Avery on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, but he’s more than just a devilishly handsome face. The Temple University graduate began his professional career teaching high school in low income Philadelphia public charters. Since then he’s remained passionate about civil rights advocacy and the perception of black men. His new project, Question Bridge: Black Males, is a series of transmedia art installations, films, curriculum that facilitates a dialogue between men of different socioeconomic statuses and sexual orientation.
He talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about Question Bridge, his new mobile app, Ebroji and more.
“Question Bridge, a website focused on the black male identity and diversity. We wanted to explore what we considered to be opaque. We asked them to ask questions of other black men they feel detached from. We broadcast them in art museums of these black men having these conversations. There is no such thing as ‘black men do this’.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Black Celebs Who Attended Non-HBCUs
1. Tatyana Ali- Harvard University1 of 9
2. Queen Latifah- Manhattan Community College2 of 9
3. Tyra Banks- Harvard University3 of 9
4. Gabrielle Union- UCLA4 of 9
5. Aisha Tyler- Dartmouth University5 of 9
6. Sanaa Lathan- B.A. from U.C. Berkeley and Masters from Yale6 of 9
7. Regina Hall- New York University7 of 9
8. Kerry Washington- George Washington University8 of 9
9. David Banner- Master's Degree from University of Maryland9 of 9
Black Celebs With Blue, Green & Hazel Eyes
1. Regina King- Hazel1 of 1
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Jesse Williams’ Project Facilitates Dialogue Between Men Of Different Socioeconomic Backgrounds was originally published on blackamericaweb.com