In case you don’t recognize the name, Coogler directed two of his famed right-hand man’s most memorable films, including Fruitvale Station and last year’s box office hit, Creed. He’s also working on Marvel’s forthcoming Black Panther movie – needless to say, Ryan’s got the juice.
The handsome 29-year-old continued to spark our interest when he
reluctantly went on record and said women are better at directing movies. During a sit-down with Variety this week, Coogler confessed his true feelings about women in the film industry:
I really feel like, you know — this is off the record — I feel like women are better filmmakers than men.
The reporter pressed the issue and Coogler dazzled under pressure. The exchange went as follows:
Variety: You really don’t want that on the record?
Yes, you can put that on the record.
V: I think you should put that on the record. It’s a powerful thing to say.
Put it on the record. I mean, it’s true, bro. In film school, life, whatever, they’re equipped to do this job, in many ways, better than us. They’re infinitely more complex than we are. Stronger and sharper. So, you know, we’re going to get better movies [if we have more female filmmakers]. The industry would improve. That’s the best thing I could say about that. They’ve got to be given the opportunity.
Who are we to argue with the young man? If you missed Bae talking about Ryan on The Breakfast Club, you should check that our here.
The Sexiest Men Alive PEOPLE Forgot
1. Michael B. JordanSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. DrakeSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Zayn MalikSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Nick JonasSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Robert PattinsonSource:Splash News 5 of 12
6. Ryan GoslingSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. FutureSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. The GameSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Bradley CooperSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Adam LevineSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. August AlsinaSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. Idris ElbaSource:Getty 12 of 12
“Creed” Director Ryan Coogler Thinks Women Are The Better Filmmakers & Here’s Why… was originally published on globalgrind.com