What a time…to sound like Drake.
As Erykah’s audio cocaine rings wildly through your speakers, a voice reminiscent of Drake’s appears on track five and you instantly get excited, like “Drake really collaborated with Ms. Badu while sipping tea at her house.”
But hold your f*cking horses, the Drake-like voice isn’t Aubrey Graham. It’s Aubrey Davis.
Yes, you read right.
Not only does this new artist sound like Drizzy, but he’s also his namesake.
After receiving a barrage of tweets about “Drake’s” appearance on BYCUMP, Erykah cleared up the confusion on Twitter.
So who is Aubrey Davis? From what we were able to gather through some brief internet stalking, Aubrey Davis, whose stage name is ItsRoutine, is signed to Erykah Badu’s Control FreaQ Records.
The Atlanta native is featured on not one, but two songs on BYCUMP – “U Used To Call Me” and “Medley: What’s Yo Phone Number/Telephone (Ghost Of Screw Mix).”
It’s obvious that ItsRoutine is a huge Drake fan. Over a year ago, ItsRoutine released a cover of Drizzy’s club anthem “0-100” and a track titled “When You Smoke” to the tune of Drake’s Nothing Was The Same cut “Furthest Thing.”
ItsRoutine hasn’t unveiled any new projects in a while. His SoundCloud project Since June was posted a little over a year ago, but he did drop a song titled “The Kidd” featuring TJ $tone back in August.
Also, check out his “What The Lick Read” music video.
Let us know what you think about ItsRoutine in the comment section below.
PHOTO CREDIT: SoundCloud/ItsRoutine, Instagram
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Matching is for losers.1 of 14
2. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.2 of 14
3. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.3 of 14
4. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.4 of 14
5. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.5 of 14
6. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.6 of 14
7. All yellow everything.7 of 14
8. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.8 of 14
9. Another interesting hat.9 of 14
10. When she made feathers a fashion statement.10 of 14
11. The bag lady.11 of 14
12. She's never afraid to take hair risks.12 of 14
13. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.13 of 14
14. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.14 of 14
Meet ItsRoutine: The Kid Who Sounds Exactly Like Drake On Erykah Badu’s New Mixtape was originally published on globalgrind.com