Transgender champion Caitlyn Jenner took heat from the transgender community after a speech she made in Chicago on Thursday.
According to AOL, Caitlyn spoke at the 7th annual Speaker series luncheon, and was confronted by a protest group called I Ain’t Cait, who said to the I Am Cait reality star, “You have no right to represent us. You are an insult to trans people, you are an insult to women.” The Chicago House Speaker Series benefits people affected by HIV/AIDs and other LGBT issues, such as homelessness and poverty.
The Glamour magazine Woman of the Year was encountered by three protesters at the event and questioned about whether she should be the face of the transgender community. According to the protesters via the Daily Mail:
“Caitlyn Jenner … lives in a mansion and has a net worth of millions of dollars, while the average trans person has a 41 percent chance of experiencing homelessness and a nearly 50 percent chance of living off less than $10k per year. [She is a] clueless rich white woman who thinks disenfranchised trans women of color should just pluck themselves up off the street and stop being so lazy.”
One of the protesters wrote on Facebook that she supports Caitlyn as a trans woman, but doesn’t think her coming out as transgender is “an act of bravery.”
“Millions are homeless for identifying, dead, or dying because they have to do damn near anything just to find a place to sleep at night…Those are the folks that I pray respect and support my direct advocacy for humanity and dignity for all. Everyone can be productive if given a chance and left alone to figure it out.”
Every Time We've Spotted Caitlyn Jenner Doing Her Thing
1. A leggy Caitlyn Jenner does leopard while out and about in SoHo, NYC with friends.Source:Splash News 1 of 6
2. Caitlyn Jenner shows us how it's done in SoHo.Source:Splash News 2 of 6
3. Caitlyn Jenner shows off her style in a colorful mini-skirt and dark jacket.Source:Splash News 3 of 6
4. Caitlyn Jenner struts her stuff in NYC.Source:Splash News 4 of 6
5. Cait goes out to eat with other trans women in Tribeca, NYC.Source:Splash News 5 of 6
6. Caitlyn Jenner's little black dress game might be better than ours.Source:Splash News 6 of 6
Caitlyn Jenner Protesters: “You Are An Insult To Trans People” was originally published on globalgrind.com