The best thing ever.
There’s basically no other way to describe the 12-minute long rant that was Kanye West‘s acceptance speech at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards. Whether you love him, hate him, or just simply don’t ever understand WTF he’s talking about, you can’t deny that ‘Ye never fails to turn Twitter upside down.
Aside from blessing us with memorable one-liners made in hashtag heaven (#ListenToTheKidsBro), it was the way he ended his acceptance speech that still has us all talking.
“And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020, to run for president,” Yeezy announced.
Epic troll or a legit candidacy? We’re not sure. Regardless, we couldn’t help but imagine America with Kanye West in the White House.
Keep scrolling for 10 reasons why President West may not be a bad idea.
Yeezys For All
In addition to announcing his candidacy last night, Kanye also made his very first campaign promise: you get a pair, you get a pair, everybody gets a pair. Watch above.
First Lady Kim Kardashian
Coming soon to E!: Kim & Kanye Take The White House.
Because we all want to hear the National Anthem remixed.
*Inserts Flame Emojis*
Vice President Hov?
Chief Of Staff Kris Jenner
Can you imagine?
And he’ll have the best responses for the GOP.
You thought Joe Biden‘s gaffes were classic?
Kanye has the best gaffes of all time. SMH.
One word for a State of the Union address delivered by President West: LIT.
Probably delivered in his usual attire of jeans and a t-shirt.
Cutest. First. Kids. Ever.
Right up there with Sasha and Malia.
In all seriousness, he keeps it real when it comes to the issues.
He’s already got Jaden Smith‘s vote.
PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Splash, Getty, Twitter, YouTube, Complex
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
1. The Kardashians and Jenners are in the building.Source:Getty 1 of 30
2. Fresh off the success of his new single, Justin Bieber comes through in jeans and a jacket.Source:Getty 2 of 30
3. The oldest and the youngest.Source:Getty 3 of 30
4. Still got it! Britney Spears was everything in a see-through sequined number.Source:Getty 4 of 30
5. Kim Kardashian arrived with her hubby, Kanye West, who will receive the 2015 Video Vanguard Award.Source:Getty 5 of 30
6. Pharrell and his wife were the red carpet's denim duo.Source:Getty 6 of 30
7. Ciara rocked noticeably shorter hair as she arrived in a daring dress.Source:Getty 7 of 30
8. Yas! Nicki Minaj stunned in gold.Source:Getty 8 of 30
9. O'Shea Jackson Jr. kept things casual.Source:Getty 9 of 30
10. Rocking a jacket that reads, "KKKops are the biggest gang," clearly Vic Mensa chose to make a statement.Source:Getty 10 of 30
11. Cara Delevingne in Saint Laurent.Source:Getty 11 of 30
12. Rocking a patterned frock, JoJo is still a perfect 10.Source:Getty 12 of 30
13. Selena Gomez proves that you can never go wrong with all black everything.Source:Getty 13 of 30
14. Gigi Hadid absolutely shined.Source:Getty 14 of 30
15. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen gave us yet another reason to consider them #RelationshipGoals.Source:Getty 15 of 30
16. Nick Jonas rocked head-to-toe leather.Source:Getty 16 of 30
17. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna continued their BFF escapades in matching outfits.Source:Getty 17 of 30
18. Jeremy Scott kept it vibrant in color. Much like this year's Moon Man trophy.Source:Getty 18 of 30
19. Miguel was looking fly in YSL.Source:Getty 19 of 30
20. Taylor Swift opted for a sequined top and trousers combo.Source:Getty 20 of 30
21. Demi Lovato was pretty in pink.Source:Getty 21 of 30
22. Miley Cyrus narrowly avoids nip-slips in Versace.Source:Getty 22 of 30
23. Charlamagne flashed a smile for the photogs before hosting the red carpet.Source:Getty 23 of 30
24. Kelly Osbourne attended to host the pre-show.Source:Getty 24 of 30
25. Tori Kelly flaunted her toned legs in short-shorts.Source:Getty 25 of 30
26. Major squad goals.Source:Getty 26 of 30
27. Rocsi Diaz didn't shy away from flashing cleavage in a revealing LBD.Source:Getty 27 of 30
28. Vanessa Hudgens was simply beautiful in an elegant gown.Source:Getty 28 of 30
29. Work! Rita Ora's feathers are unstoppable.Source:Getty 29 of 30
30. Praise Him.Source:Getty 30 of 30
Yes We Kanye: 10 Reasons To Vote For Mr. West In 2020 was originally published on globalgrind.com