“If Malcolm had lived we would have a spokesperson that could address the problems of the world of Islam better than anything else,” Young said.
Young met X the same time he met Dr. King, but says Malcolm was just beginning to blossom as a global intellectual when he was killed. “Malcolm never got a chance to do what he could’ve done for the world and in particular for the world of Islam,” Young explained.
The former mayor talks more about both leaders, whether he would run for mayor again and what he would love to do with Olivia Pope in this exclusive interview on “The D.L. Hughley Show.”
10 Lady Leaders Of The New Civil Rights Movement
1. Black Women Leaders Of The New CoolSource: 1 of 8
2. Johnetta ElzieSource: 2 of 8
3. Reverend Traci Blackmon, PrayingWithOurFeet.orgSource: 3 of 8
4. Ashley Yates-Founder of Millennial Actvists UnitedSource: 4 of 8
5. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, Missouri state senatorSource: 5 of 8
6. Brittany Packnett, The Executive Director of Teach For America in St. LouisSource: 6 of 8
7. Brittany Ferrell & Alexis Templeton of Millennial Activists UnitedSource: 7 of 8
8. Patrisse Cullors, Director @PowerDignity, Co-Founder @Blklivesmatter, Artist. Organizer. Freedom Fighter.Source: 8 of 8
Andrew Young Explains How Life Would Be Different If Malcolm X Had Lived [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on thedlhughleyshow.com