A story circulated the web earlier this week claiming that Pebbles was suing Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes‘ estate over unpaid royalties, well, she says that’s not true.
Pebbles released the following statement on her website, it reads:
In Loving Memory of the Late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes – My heart grieves that her name has been pulled into a situation that she is unable to defend. I ask that we give her soul rest and peace, in regards to this entire situation, I have the deepest respect to her and her family.
The rumor is circulating that I am currently suing the estate Of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes.
THIS IS FALSE
The rumors are fictitious and fallacious.
I want to express my sincere appreciation to you all and solicit your continued prayers.
In the original story, Pebbles was quoted telling VH1, “Just cuz she not here doesn’t mean she ain’t gotta pay what she owe. Everybody pays what they owe. Ask TLC.” However, it has been confirmed that the quote was fake and a part of a parody interview.
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song "Hold On." (Photo: Retna)1 of 10
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)2 of 10
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil' Kim video. (Photo: Retna)3 of 10
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song "If You Love Me." (Photo: EURweb)4 of 10
5. 5. Destiny's Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)5 of 10
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song "Don't Walk Away."6 of 10
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song "He's Mine." (The Urban Daily)7 of 10
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90's. (Photo: Rance Elgin)8 of 10
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.9 of 10
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)10 of 10
Pebbles Denies Suing the Estate of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes was originally published on blackamericaweb.com