Offensive T-shirts with tongue-in-cheek phrases surrounding rape are being petitioned on Change.org. FYourT is an Etsy online shop that sells attention-grabbing, but awful T-shirts. With the motto, “T-shirts, lame but expensive,” these $12.99 shirts boast horrific phrases ranging from, “Snort Coke, Cheaper Than Lipo,” to “Killing’s More Fun To A Beat” and “Jesus Is A Chill Guy, But His Father Is A Prick.” But it’s the T-shirts with rape subject matter that’s causing a stir.
We’re living in a terrible time of sensationalism. The youth looks to entertainment to see over-the-top displays of sexuality, often numbing them from troubling issues like the acceptance of rape in our culture. With stories like Steubenville and Maryville bubbling up, we’re faced with the terrible reality that rape is no longer a sensitive topic and that victims are starting to be blamed more than the attacker.
These T-shirts solidify our society’s desensitization to something so sinister and sickening. I am all about a cheeky T-shirt, but these are just in poor taste.
So far the petition has 1000 signatures and only needs about 300 more to have the shirts removed from Etsy. Will you sign?
Check Out A Few More Of FYourT’s:
What do you think? Let’s chat @Rhapsodani.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery Of Fashion Trends From The 90′s!
Top Fashion Trends From The '90s [PHOTOS]
1. Neon as Center of AttentionSource: 1 of 18
2. Neon as Center of AttentionSource: 2 of 18
3. Good As GoldSource: 3 of 18
4. Good As GoldSource: 4 of 18
5. Nike meets FashionSource: 5 of 18
6. Nike meets FashionSource: 6 of 18
7. Glamed up DenimSource: 7 of 18
8. Glamed Up DenimSource: 8 of 18
9. Festival Fashion think LollapaloozaSource: 9 of 18
10. Festival Fashion think LollapaloozaSource: 10 of 18
11. BOLD Prints from head to ToeSource: 11 of 18
12. BOLD Prints from head to ToeSource: 12 of 18
13. Dames in JordansSource: 13 of 18
14. Dames in JordansSource: 14 of 18
15. OverallsSource: 15 of 18
16. OverallsSource: 16 of 18
17. Varsity SexySource: 17 of 18
18. Varsity SexySource: 18 of 18
Who What Wear?!: Online Store Sells Rape T-Shirts & Change.org Shuts It Down! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com