Even though Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged – “For the Love of R&B” was intended to celebrate the success of the genre and the artists who perform it because they love it so much, all it took was one just heavy hitter like Los Angeles-native Yo-Yo to hit the stage and bring the heat like only she can.
Conversing with fans live from the stage, Yo-Yo’s track and performance tribute to the late rapper Heavy D took the vibe to a brand new level of excitement at Tru Hollywood. Check out energy in this exclusive live performance which includes Yo-Yo’s funky, impromptu Hip Hop salute on her debut single hit “You Can’t Play with My Yo-Yo” (1991). At first you might not recognize it, but for the lovers of both R&B/Hip Hop listening out there, this one is still just as special as it was when we first heard it over a decade ago.
Rest in peace Heavy D! You will truly be missed. This one’s for you!
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
FOR COMPLETE COVERAGE, CLICK THE LINKS & IMAGE BELOW:
- Radio One Staff Reflections on Whitney Houston’s Final Moments
- REAL TALK: University Sells ‘Morning After Pill’ in Vending Machines
- Alexx Dupri’s USELESS INFORMATION – February 15, 2012
- Whitney Drug Probe? Investigators to Question Doctors Who Wrote Houston Multiple Sedative Prescriptions
- Brandy & Monica Remember Whitney Houston on Set
- Whitney’s Funeral: Ex-Husband Bobby Brown Denies He Is Being ‘Shut Out’ by Houston Family