Tameka Raymond appears at the “Takers” premiere after party. (Photo: Getty Images)
National TV and radio journalist Jacque Reid’s syndicated weekly news feature “Inside Her Story” examines the lives, loves and lessons learned by women in entertainment on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. This week, Reid spoke with Tameka Raymond, the ex-wife and former manager of R&B singer Usher and also the mother of his two children.
After a recent Twitter response ensued a very public debate on her potentially homophobic views, Raymond reacts to the negativity and describes what she really meant when she suggested that men on the down low or those living secretly homosexual lifestyles should be branded and exposed for who they really are. Her choice of revelatory methods? A simple sign that tells women – especially black women who they might really be dealing with underneath the street clothes, fancy cars and masculine swag.
Tameka Raymond partying with ex-husband R&B singer Usher. (Photo: Getty Images)
Listen to the conversation below and let us know if you think there other motives aimed at the rumors about her famous ex-husband or if Raymond might really be onto something when it comes to turning the spotlight on the brothers.
MORE FROM JACQUE REID:
- Welcome Home Troops From Iraq, Connect to the Veterans Affairs
- Crisis Assistance is Avail for Richmond City Residents Thru March 2012
- My “Clo-ism” For the Day, Stay Calm It’s Only a Storm
- Elegba Forklore Society Presents the 2011 Capital City Kwanzaa Festival
- My “Clo-ism” For the Day, What Are You Thankful For?