Detroit is known for amazing talents such as Aretha Franklin, The Clark Sisters, Dwele and most recently Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter KEM. As one of music’s most highly sought after R&B/soul crooners, KEM is now poised to add the title of actor to his list of accomplishments in entertainment as official word of his decision to join the cast of the remake of “Sparkle” surfaced this weekend.
KEM performs live at the 2011 Essence Music Festival. (Photo: Getty Images)
Currently being filmed in Detroit, “Sparkle” was originally released to theaters in 1976 with the city as it’s foundation backdrop and musical soundtrack. KEM is expected to play the part of club owner and Master of Ceremonies “Buddy” in the famed musical drama. KEM joins the growing cast of talented young performers such as Jordin Sparks, Tika Sumpter and Carme Ejogo. The movie is also expected to hit theaters near 2014.
While we wait, how excited are you for the remake of “Sparkle” to hit theaters? What was your experience like seeing it for the first time? Let us hear from you. For more on the cast and the production of “Sparkle,” feel free to visit the links below.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Election Day is November 8, Check Your Voter Status Here…
- Mathew Knowles Allegedly tried to Pay Mistress to Give Love Child to Daughter Beyonce & Jay-Z
- Fox Admits “X-Factor” Contestants Lip Sync
- David’s Bridal May Lose Millions in Kardashian Divorce Aftermath, Kim Visits Humphries [VIDEO]
- Oops! Singer Kelly Rowland Accidentally Confirms Beyonce Is Having a Girl