I brought a bushel of crabs and thought I was gonna cook them all in one night and eat them. Boy was I wrong. Not only was a bushel more than I could handle, but a got a group of male crabs that had to be on steroids. Boy were they mean… but boy were they good. So of course I didn’t read this before I cooked the first patch, so here you go. Below is a good way to cook live crabs from helpwithcooking.com
Steaming live crab
- In a large pot or steamer pour 1 cup of vinegar, 2 cups of beer or water and 2 tablespoons of salt, so that you have 3 – 4 inches of liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a rapid boil.
- As the liquid is heating up, place the live crabs into the freezer or into a large bowl of ice water for about 3 minutes. This is done to stun the crabs before cooking, and it keeps their legs and claws intact through the steaming process.
- Once the liquid is boiling fiercely, place the live crabs onto a steaming rack situated well above the liquid, sprinkle them with seasoning and cover the pot with the lid.
- Steam over a medium – hot heat for at least 20 minutes depending on the size and numbers of crab. Start timing once the water is boiling again. The crabs should turn a bright red or orange color when done.
- Remove the crabs and rinse under cold water, which will also stop the cooking process.
- Serve hot.
Pharrell Williams Is Making A LEGO Movie About His Life
Wizards Move On From Wes Unseld Jr As Head Coach
Timbaland Is Headed Into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame
Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage for You and Your Friends
Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
Eva Marcille Talks ‘All the Queens Men,’ Balancing Motherhood, and Staying Grounded
REPORT: Washington Wizards & The Capitals Leaving DC To Move To Virginia
Buy Black RVA