- 1 lb top sirloin
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lb whole mushrooms
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3/4 cup Catalina dressing
- 3/4 cup of zesty Italian dressing
Cut meat and all vegetables, except mushrooms, into 2 inch chunks. Place into a ziptop bag, add dressing and mix well. Marinate for 4 hours to overnight. Place onto skewers. Cook on a preheated grill at 500 degrees for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes or to desired doneness.
All American Barbequed Chicken
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup yellow mustard
hot sauce to taste
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 4 to 5 ounces each
To make the barbecue sauce, combine ketchup, white wine vinegar, honey, yellow mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag along with half of the barbecue sauce. Reserve the remaining sauce for basting. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill. Grill or broil the chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. (Discard the sauce that was in the bag with the raw chicken.) Baste with the reserved barbecue sauce as needed.
Triple Citrus Glazed Grilled Salmon
Triple Citrus Glaze:
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 4 (6-ounce, 1-inch thick) salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Glaze: Bring all of the ingredients to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, stirring to melt the preserves and to keep the mixture from burning. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the glaze reduce until syrupy, about 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust the seasonings with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Brush both sides of the fillets with olive oil just before grilling, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the salmon for about 4 minutes per side, brushing with the glaze during the final few minutes of cooking. Transfer the salmon to serving plates and brush them with the remaining glaze before serving.
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over ribs. Bake 50-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Bacon Double Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 1/4 pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Spike (or seasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoon beer
Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and set aside. Combine beef, spike and beer, mix thoroughly, the shape into 6 thin patties. Put bacon/onion/cheese mixture on 3 patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal. Grill, broil or pan fry until well done, about 4 minutes per side.