It’s no secret that former First Lady Michelle Obama had an incredible year.
So to celebrate everything she’s accomplished, PEOPLE Magazine has named our #ForeverFLOTUS one of their people of the year. Naturally, she looks stunning on the cover. As if we should expect anything less.
Take a look at all that glow:
Honestly, if she wasn’t on this list, we would have been shocked. Those Balenciaga thigh-high boots she rocked during her book tour was enough right there, but she really did rock the heck out of 2019.
Who else can sell over 10 million copies of their debut memoir, launch a Netflix special and sign a lucrative deal with the streaming network, be named the most influential woman of the year, nab a Grammy nomination, all while sending two girls off to college?
PEOPLE’s Editor-In-Chief Dan Wakeford eloquently wrote why Mrs. Obama made the cut:
“In 2019 Michelle Obama became the bestselling memoirist of all time, and the audio version of Becoming was nominated for a Grammy — a first for a First Lady. In a Gallup survey, Mrs. Obama was named the most admired woman in the world, and it’s no wonder, since she continues to do so much work to improve girls’ education both here at home and in countries like Namibia with her Global Girls Alliance.”
Hail To The Queens! 7 Times Viola Davis Gave Us First Lady Michelle Obama Realness
1. Uses Her Platform To Speak Truth To Power1 of 7
2. The Queen Of Colors On The Red CarpetSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Has A Smile And Sense Of Humor That Melts Our HeartsSource:Getty 3 of 7
4. The Epitome of Not Just Black Beauty, But All Beauty4 of 7
5. Always Dripping With Swag5 of 7
6. Slays The Magazine Covers...Everytime6 of 7
7. Never Afraid To Shift America's Mindset7 of 7
Of Course Michelle Obama Is One Of PEOPLE Magazine’s People Of The Year! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com