TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Hot Spot: Who Can Battle TLC In A VERZUZ?! & Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Colorism [VIDEO]
- Judge Hatchett Predicts What Will Happen In The Case Of George Floyd [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- The COVID-19 Death Toll Has Surpassed 100,000 In The United States
- One Man Dead After Citizens Begin To Riot And Loot In Minneapolis
- Sony Planning PlayStation 5 Event For June 3rd
- 71-Year Old Grandmother Shot And Killed While Protecting Her Granddaughter
- Protestor Injured In Wild Stand-Off With Police On Los Angeles Freeway [VIDEO]
- David Banner Discusses Sacrifices In The Black Community [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Hot Spot: 2Chainz Restaurant Shuts Down & Celebrities React To The Murder Of George Floyd [WATCH]
- The Internet Doesn’t Forget! Jimmy Fallon Apologizes For Doing Blackface 20 Years Ago