TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Mary J. Blige Claps Back At Fan Who Yells At Her to “Shut the F*ck Up!”
- Arsenio Hall Officially Set To Reprise Role In ‘Coming to America 2’
- Miss Michigan Stripped Of Her Title Over ‘Offensive’ Posts
- Not So Fast! Swedish Court Extends A$AP Rocky Detention
- New Study Shows Michelle Obama Is The Most Admired Woman In The World…Duh
- Angela Bassett, Patricia Arquette & Felicity Huffman Star In Netflix’s ‘Otherhood’
- Iggy Azalea Has A New Accent Plus Other LOL Moments From Her “Fu** It Up” Video (In Case You Missed)
- Total Switch: Damson Idris Goes From L.A. Dealer In ‘Snowfall’ To Black-Hating Skinhead In ‘Farming’ Trailer
- Coco Coitus: This Sex Tip Has Gone Viral, But It’s Not As Easy At It Looks
- Faith & Fame: Gene Moore Jr. Reveals How The Story Of Joseph Helped His Own Faith Challenge [EXCLUSIVE]