TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Melvin Edmonds Of After 7 Has Passed Away
- Whitney Houston’s Estate Plans New Album And Hologram Tour
- Beware of the Joy Snatchers On the Loose, Check Today’s Clo-ism
- Voter Registration Deadline Today For The June Primary, Register Here
- Melvin Edmonds Of After 7 Dead At 65
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Pay Off Student Loan Debt Of Morehouse’s Entire Graduating Class of 2019
- Why Marlon Wayans Says ‘Loqueesha’ Is Not Like ‘White Chicks’
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Share The Name Of Their New Baby
- Racist Promposals Won’t Go Away & Big Names Speak Out On Anti-Abortion Laws: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Chris Rock Teams Up With Lionsgate To Reboot The ‘Saw’ Franchise