At the kick-off of the Steward Speakers Series’ Year of the Woman, actress and comedian Amanda Seales got real deep with Karen Vaughn about some the recent controversial reports and opinions surrounding some of our black male entertainers such like Jussie Smollett and R. Kelly.
In fact, she called out the black community for having a double standard when it comes to crucifying Jussie for his crimes but not R.Kelly.
“When we see the R.Kellys’ of the world, people are like your trying to tear down the black man.” Seales stated. “… the same people who are saying your trying tear down the black man about R.Kelly are throwing Jussie Smollett to the wolves.”
Seales went on further to explain the difference between both mens actions and stating that between the two, R.Kelly is not just making a mistake but choosing to be a “hurtful person.”
“They’re both brothers, they’ve both made mistakes, one of them is currently making choices, that the’s difference. At one point your not making mistakes anymore, you are making decision to be a hurtful person.”
On Friday afternoon, R. Kelly was reportedly charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse in Cook County, Illinois. Kelly’s first court date is listed as March 8.
Hit that play button above to watch the full video of Seales comments about Jussie Smollett and R. Kelly.
- Virtual Barber Shop Talk
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Kiss Richmond Text Club Consent & E-Sign
- Alex Rodriguez Shocked At J Lo & Affleck Rumors
- LL Cool J’s Rock The Bells Secures $8M In Funding
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Her Snatched Figure In An All-Red Bodysuit And We’re Here For It!
- Gary’s Tea: Cathy Hughes Spills Tea On Wendy Williams & Blasts Rickey’s Dating Life [WATCH]
- Cathy Hughes Talks Urban One Honors, Stories Of DMX, & More Coming To TVOne [WATCH]
- Dave Chappelle, yasiin bey & Talib Kweli Launch ‘The Midnight Miracle’ Podcast On Luminary
- Dr. Maya Angelou To Appear On Limited Edition Quarter Coins In 2022
- HHW Gaming: PS5 DualSense Controller Now Works On Apple Devices When Using Remote Play
- Swizz Beatz Confirms DMX’s Final Album Drops This Month
- Oklahoma Governor Puts Feelings Over Facts By Signing Anti-Critical Race Theory Law
Amanda Seales Says The Same People Tearing Down Jussie Smollett Are Still Defending R. Kelly [VIDEO] was originally published on tlcnaptown.com