Queen Latifah’s Saturday night performance at the Essence Festival turned out being a reunion of some legendary female voices in Hip-Hop. Latifah’s set started with some of her smooth singing. Then she broke out into her rap classics.
After that Missy Elliot, Salt N Pepa, MC Lyte, YoYo and Monie Love joined her on stage. Remy Ma and Brandy came up too. Have you ever been to Essence? Would you like to go someday?
1. Queen Latifah at the “Steel Magnolias” New York Premiere
1 of 7
2. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy Awards
2 of 7
3. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy Awards – Arrivals
3 of 7
4. Queen Latifah at VIBE’s 20th Anniversary Celebration And Inaugural Impact Awards
4 of 7
5. Queen Latifah at the “Joyful Noise” Los Angeles Premiere
5 of 7
6. Queen Latifah Visits “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon”
6 of 7
7. Queen Latifah at the 8th Annual Keep A Child Alive Black Ball
7 of 7
Continue reading Queen Latifah Celebrates Women In Hip-Hop At Essence Festival
7 Curvy-Girl Style Tips From Queen Latifah
From the moment Dana Owens stepped on the scene, I’ve been in love with her style. From her power-to-the-people inspired head-gear, to her gorgeous red carpet looks–Queen Latifah is a confident style icon representing curvy girls in a major way. For her birthday today, I thought “how cool would it be” to give you beauties a little advice straight from the Queen’s closet (or at least, what I think is in her closet). Check out 7 style tips according to Queen Latifah’s closet.