Another unarmed Black man has been killed by the police. His name was Diante Yarber.
According to the Huff Post, on April 5 San Bernardino County police shot 30 bullets into Yarber’s in a WalMart parking lot after getting a tip that the Black Mustang the 26-year-old was allegedly wanted for questioning in a recent crime involving a stolen vehicle.
The family’s lawyer recently told The Guardian that the local police should be investigated for profiling, stalking and unjustifiably shooting him.
“They saw a car full of black people sitting in front of a Walmart, and they decided that was suspicious,” stressed Lee Merritt.
“They just began pouring bullets … It’s irresponsible. It’s dangerous. It’s mind-boggling, the use of force.”
He then said Yarber was hit “an estimated two dozen times.”
Naturally, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s office is telling a different story.
The Huff Post reported that they claim that Barstow police only shot into the car after the driver reversed the car in a getaway attempt and and then crashed the vehicle into two police cars.
In the meantime, the police involved in the shooting have been placed on paid administrative leave.
In addition to Yarber’s death, the backseat passenger Marian Tafoya, 23, is currently in critical condition. Her lawyer, Dale Galipo says the car was the officers weren’t in the path of the Mustang, so they had no justification to open fire, notes the Huff Post.
Yarber’s sister, Ruby Hawkins, told The Guardian that thev police often targeted her brother.
“They are the biggest criminals. They are bullies with badges … I don’t know how you can fear for your life with a person that is moving away from you.”
This a developing story. We’ll provide updates as the become available.
Justice For Stephon Clark: 20 Photos Of Protest And Heartbreaking Moments In Sacramento
1. Stephon Clark’s Grief-Stricken BrotherSource: 1 of 20
2. Stephon Clark’s Brother Speaks To ProtestersSource: 2 of 20
3. Stephon’s Clark Brother Sends Poignant MessageSource: 3 of 20
4. Protesters Take To The StreetsSource: 4 of 20
5. Black Lives Matter Activists Join ProtestSource: 5 of 20
6. BLM Shouts For JusticeSource: 6 of 20
7. Protesters Call For End To “Genocide” Of People Of ColorSource: 7 of 20
8. Protest Signs Speak VolumesSource: 8 of 20
9. Activists Crowd The BlockSource: 9 of 20
10. Women Stand For ClarkSource: 10 of 20
11. Stopping “Cops Who Kill”Source: 11 of 20
12. Clark Remembered At WakeSource: 12 of 20
13. Clark HonoredSource: 13 of 20
14. Stephon Clark’s Brother Takes A StandSource: 14 of 20
15. Hundreds Attend Sacramento City Council Meeting On Clark’s DeathSource: 15 of 20
16. Sacramento Kings Shout Out StephonSource: 16 of 20
17. Demonstrators Protest Clark’s Fatal Police ShootingSource: 17 of 20
18. BLM Makes A PointSource: 18 of 20
19. Protesters Begin To Make Noise About ClarkSource: 19 of 20
20. Protests Erupt Over ClarkSource: 20 of 20
#DianteYarber: Another Unarmed Black Man Killed By The Police was originally published on hellobeautiful.com