The General Election is Tuesday, November 7, 2017 across the nation. Citizens of Virginia are encouraged to check their voter status, poll location and view a sample ballot at the Virginia Department of Elections website.
I want to set the record straight, there is NO early voting in Virginia only absentee voting with one of the 19 qualifying reasons to do so.
**Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration, is Monday, October 16, 2017
**Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Your request must be received by your Registrar by 5:00 p.m.
Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors
1. Richard Roundtree was diagnosed with a rare male breast cancer in '93 and underwent a double mastectomy at age 61.1 of 10
2. Angelina Jolie tested positive for the breast cancer gene BRCA1 in 2014. As a result she had a double mastectomy.2 of 10
3. Robin Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and returned to work a month after surgery & chemo on August 3, 2007 (AP)3 of 10
4. Patti LaBelle was diagnosed in 2005 and is cancer-free today. She lost her two sisters to lung cancer. (Photo: AP)4 of 10
5. Hoda Kotb was diagnosed in 2006 and underwent a mastectomy & reconstructive surgery. She is now cancer-free and an advocate for breast cancer awareness. (AP)5 of 10
6. Fashion designer Betsy Johnson was diagnosed in 2002 is now cancer-free. (Photo: AP)6 of 10
7. Almost 8 years ago, Vanessa Bell Calloway had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on her right breast on October 26. (PR)Source:Gregg DeGuire WireImage/Getty Images 7 of 10
8. Rene Syler chose to have a preventive mastectomy due to carrying the breast cancer gene. Both her mother and father had breast cancer and survived. She is cancer-free today and happy. (PR)8 of 10
9. Actress and civil rights leader Ruby Dee was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1970. She defeated the disease and died in 2014 of natural causes. (PR)9 of 10
10. Motivational speaker Bershan Shaw at age 33 was diagnosed with breast cancer and got through it. Two years later the cancer came back as a stage 4 diagnose, but she worked really hard and beat it then too.10 of 10