Ice T‘s wife, Coco Austin debuted a new hairstyle on Instagram that left many people serving her some serious side eye. Coco posted a video showing off her new hairstyle for Summer, long blonde micro cornrows, braided to one side.
My new braids! I call um Da Coco Swoop.. I wanted a little change up for the Summer Thank you to my honey bun @therealmisssmod always doing a great job with my braids (2am on Snapchat..Search Coco to find me) Oh and by the way.. I name all the braid styles I do even hair styles with no braids .. Its a cute thing I do.. I have many weird Coco-isms do
The braids are beautiful and shout out to her hairstylist, which she showed love too on Instagram; however, things took a sharp left turn to the no-White people zone, when she decided to name this style “Da Coco Swoop.”
Like your best friend didn’t have this style with some beads at the end in the 90’s or your homegirl LaQuisha from the block didn’t decide to rock this during the Spring with a fellaini twist. Or best yet, Coco completely ignoring that Beyoncé wore this style for Lemonade in 2016.
Let's just be honest…no one wears braids like Queen Bee! 🐝@beyonce I love how her styles are flawless and she transcends Braiding styles that are consistent with pure strength and boldness. We are truly a lover of the way Beyonce wears her hair and creates beautiful Braiding styles. #braids #beyonce
Coco must have momentarily forgotten her White privilege when she decided to culturally appropriate this hairstyle in a blink of an eye. Here in lies the greater problem of White privilege: it’s one thing to admire or even try a hairstyle and another thing to completely claim it as your own. Coco turned into the Christopher Columbus of cornrows.
Ice T got in his feelings and started telling people ‘how dumb’ they sound for calling Coco out.
Ice T needs to rise up on out of the sunken place and correct his wife.
Beauties, what do you think? Tell us in the comments!
Transform Your Hair From The Office To The Runway
1. The Bun - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 1 of 27
2. The Bun - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 2 of 27
3. Step 3 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 3 of 27
4. Step 4 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 4 of 27
5. Step 5 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 5 of 27
6. Step 6 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 6 of 27
7. The Headband - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 7 of 27
8. The Headband - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 8 of 27
9. The Headband - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 9 of 27
10. The Headband - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 10 of 27
11. The Headband - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 11 of 27
12. The Headband - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 12 of 27
13. Twistout - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 13 of 27
14. Twistout - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 14 of 27
15. Twistout - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 15 of 27
16. Twistout - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 16 of 27
17. Twistout - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 17 of 27
18. Twistout - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 18 of 27
19. Twistout - Step 7Source:Alicia Fajardo 19 of 27
20. Twistout - Step 8Source:Alicia Fajardo 20 of 27
21. Pincurls - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 21 of 27
22. Pincurls - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 22 of 27
23. Pincurls - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 23 of 27
24. Pincurls - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 24 of 27
25. Pincurls - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 25 of 27
26. Pincurls - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 26 of 27
27. Pincurls - Step 7Source:Alicia Fajardo 27 of 27