Brown, who is now 24, is a grown man and he needs to start acting like one. I don’t know if his mother gives him the advice he needs or whether Brown ignores it.
But I do know this: If Brown continues down this dangerous path, he could wind up in prison because he has such disdain for the law.
Here’s what Brown said about the community service he was ordered to complete after a recent hit-and-run violation.
“Community service, that sh** is a bitch. I’ll be honest – and you can quote me on that. …For me, I think it’s more of a power trip for the DA. I can speak freely now, because I don’t really care what they say about it, but as far as, like, the 1,000 extra hours they gave me, that’s totally fricking bananas.”
Meanwhile, Brown’s rap sheet – and his reputation as brutal knucklehead — is growing fast.
He was involved in a 2001 fight with singer Drake at a New York nightclub. He also fought with singer Frank Ocean and others during an argument about a parking space outside of a recording studio in Los Angeles. Brown pleaded guilty to one count of felony assault and received five years’ probation.
Brown is due back in court Nov. 20 in Los Angeles to update a judge on his probation. Prosecutors could seek a revocation of his probation after his arrest in D.C. His court dates in DC and Los Angeles are five days apart.
After he was charged with beating up Rihanna in 2009, Brown wrote a controversial song called “Changed Man.”
I’m a changed man
‘Cause you mean that much to me
And I don’t wanna be done
I’m doing all that I can
And everybody hates Chris
They can never understand
Brown is right. I don’t understand. I don’t understand his violent tendencies. I don’t understand how he can beat up a woman. I don’t understand why he continues to self-destruct.
But he’s certainly a changed man: He’s gone from bad to worse.
1. Remy Ma1 of 10
2. Bobby Shmurda2 of 10
3. Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for fraud.3 of 10
4. Darren Sharper is currently on trial for rape in several states.4 of 10
5. Justin Bieber has had some trouble with the law in the past for marijuana possession, drag racing and a number of other crimes.5 of 10
6. Chris Brown is currently in jail for violating his probation.6 of 10
7. OJ Simpson7 of 10
8. James Brown was sentenced to 6 years in 1988 for not stopping his car in a police chase.8 of 10
9. Meek Mill was sentenced to 2-4 years for violating his probation and driving dirt bikes in NYC.9 of 10
10. Suge Knight was indicted by a grand jury for threatening death to director F. Gary Gary in August of 2017.(AP)10 of 10
COMMENTARY: Chris Brown is a Grown Man and Should Act Like One was originally published on blackamericaweb.com