Title: Digital Sales Manager
Division: Radio One, Inc.
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Reports to: General Manager, Radio One, Inc.
The Digital Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to work directly with Radio One owned and operated radio stations sales teams to increase and maximize the advertising revenue across the Radio One and Interactive One online network of websites (this includes all Radio websites owned by Radio One in CITY market, Interactive One websites including BlackPlanet, UrbanDaily, HelloBeautiful…). This position is also responsible for aggressively pursuing digital media ad sales directly with interactive and traditional advertising agencies, as well as directly to all relevant clients. This individual will coordinate the sales and service (along with their Sales Coordinator) of all advertising schedules for their assigned website properties. Reporting to the General Manager, Digital this position will be responsible for regularly reporting advertising sales revenue, sales and inventory forecasting and CPM analysis in relation to plan. Ideal candidates will have an understanding of high tech and consumer sales and marketing. They will be on top of shifting media trends, and how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies’ business models. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate effectively internally and externally.
– Manage sales efforts of Radio One local radio sales staffs and take the lead in the development of their regular sales efforts, including:
- On-going education of local radio sales staffs about digital media sales opportunities
- Development of sales proposals for local sales staffs, and review local stations RFP’s and make strategic recommendations to maximize revenue
- Grow ad sales revenue and exceed revenue goals by prospecting for new clients
- Will set and own territory sales agenda including, prioritizing and organizing sales calls based on maximum potential return
- Identify and create unique sales properties and promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local and national events.
- On-going coordination with General Manager, Digital on account strategy and sales plans
- Work closely with the Ad Sales team to maximize all revenue-generating programs by effectively and efficiently managing all advertising inventory and pricing
– Effectively monitor and evaluate the local station’s online inventory and their current pricing
– Submit monthly, quarterly and annual inventory and sales forecasts (by assigned station/market)
– Coordinate and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad deals
– On-going review and evaluation of local station and network inventory
|– Regularly manage agency/client relationships
– Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use Radio One and Interactive One digital properties to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs
– Collaborate with General Manager, Digital, Director of Programming and Director of Marketing, to help:
Qualifications (The ideal candidate will have):
- Minimum 2-3 years of online advertising sales along with 2-3 years of other media sales experience
- BS / BA degree required
- Management experience highly preferred
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills, some travel required
All interested persons may send a resume to LForem@radio-one.com