Smooth Jazz Pianist Marcus Johnson and Sax Man Brian Lenair put on a tremendous performance this weekend for the Virginia State University Homecoming. Johnson and Lenair, who both hail from the D-M-V area , showed their talents off before a packed house of Trojan alumni and supporters on the University’s front lawn. Johnson, who is also an entrepreneur and owns a California winery, which bottles and distributes his “Flo” wine collection, and Johnson supplied the event with his wine flavors and a personal bottle for VSU President Keith T. Miller. He performed many hits from his 15 albums and left to a standing ovation. What an evening of great Jazz, and great to see Marcus again.
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo
- Roland Martin’s Call to Action: ‘So, How Do We Begin to Mobilize?’
- Highlights From Teen Forum 2013 (Photos)
- President Obama: What Dr. King Would Think Of Our Progress [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ms. Angela Bassett Special Keynote Speaker At Women's Empowerment 2013!