Look out Serena! Victoria Duval may be in your rear-view mirror. The 1`7-year-old Florida native, who has been personally tutored by tennis legend Billie Jean King, pulled off her first major upset in defeating former US Open champion Samantha Stosur in the very same tournament last night in New York. Duval got her first taste of a grand slam event in last year’s event, but made an early exit. Almost equally as impressive as the win was Victoria’s humble and poised responses in her post-win interview on ESPN. Victoria’s win was remindful of the first time we saw Venus step into the professional arena, still a kid, but so super talented. Congratulations Victoria Duval.
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo
- Roland Martin’s Call to Action: ‘So, How Do We Begin to Mobilize?’
- Highlights From Teen Forum 2013 (Photos)
- President Obama: What Dr. King Would Think Of Our Progress [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ms. Angela Bassett Special Keynote Speaker At Women's Empowerment 2013!