David Peaston was a talented vocalist in his own right although he spent many years touring with the legendary Gladys Knoight. He was a favorite at the Appollo Theatre in New York and blessed the music world with his outstanding vocals. David Peaston died on Wednesday in St. Louis from complications with diabetes. He was 54 years old. For those who were regular viewers of “Showtime At The Appollo”, Peaston was no stranger after winning several singing competitions there. His signature song that repeatedly brought the house down was Billie Holiday’s “God Bless The Child”. Peaston became a solo artist and hit the hit the charts running with his smash single “Two Wrongs Don’t Make A Right” in 1989, and topped the charts again with his classic “Can I” . We salute you and thank you for the great music. Farewell to R & B great David Peaston……
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo
- Roland Martin’s Call to Action: ‘So, How Do We Begin to Mobilize?’
- Highlights From Teen Forum 2013 (Photos)
- President Obama: What Dr. King Would Think Of Our Progress [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ms. Angela Bassett Special Keynote Speaker At Women's Empowerment 2013!