Congratulations to Goochland native and former ODU star pitcher Justin Verlander, who was voted as winner of the 2011 American League Cy Young Award. For a pitcher, there is no greater honor, and Justin may also be in the running for the AL’s Most Valuable Player Award as well. Verlander won an amazing 24 games this past season with the Detroit Tigers and was clearly the Major League’s most dominant pitcher throughout the season. The Tigers fell short in the playoffs, losing to the Texas Rangers.
- Jurnee Smollett- Bell on her Lead Role in ‘Temptation’ & More
- Are Porsha & Kordell Stewart Reconciling?
- The Powerball Winner is Doing What?
- Radio One Richmond Teacher of the Week: Ms. Sarah Benson
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo