Miami Heat All-Star LaBron James makes around $100 million plaing basketball, and like most NBA stars, he’s living a childhood dream in real time. His new military-inspired shoe is set to hit the retail stores this weekend, not hatin’ on LaBron or his success, but I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the projected price tag. $170.00. For a pair of sneakers? In this economy? Sure there are moms and dads out there with good jobs and solvent finances, but has Team LaBron noticed the unemployment and poverty rates in the African-American communities around this country? Yeah, I know, this is America, and it’s all about the money, but you just keep hoping some of these guys would do some soul searching. After all, many of them were once one of those kids who couldn’t afford those expensive tennis shoes. Not Hatin’, Just Statin’……
- Jurnee Smollett- Bell on her Lead Role in ‘Temptation’ & More
- Are Porsha & Kordell Stewart Reconciling?
- The Powerball Winner is Doing What?
- Radio One Richmond Teacher of the Week: Ms. Sarah Benson
- Epic Subway Sax Battle Sparked by ‘Billie Jean’
- GET THE LOOK: Brandy’s Leather Jacket And Envelope Skirt Combo